Get up close and personal with life history...
- Time Garden- investigate Morrison's geologic setting.
- Quarry 5 Garden- observe "onsite fieldwork" as preparators probe sandstone boulders for fossils.
- Jurassic Garden- immerse yourself in a patch of Jurassic flora.
- Fossil Dig Pit- children dig for small, local fossils.
- Discovery Outpost- a space for lunch and birthday parties.
SMALL MUSEUM, BIG DISCOVERIES
Our exhibits were designed to be toured with a guide. Join us for one of our daily tours, a quarter past ten, twelve, and two in the afternoon. Daily tours are complimentary with your paid admission.
- Gift Shop- dinosaur-themed toys, shirts, hats, and other items.
- Main Desk- start here: purchase tickets and gift shop items.
- T. rex and Time- exhibition orientation.
- Encounter a cast Tyrannosaurus skull that you can gently touch. Understand which dinosaur species hail from the Denver area.
- "Jurassic Morrison" room features rare and unique Jurassic fossils. Discover the life and landscape of Jurassic Morrison. On display, remains of the first Stegosaurus fossils, infant dinosaur tracks, recent local fossil discoveries, and more.
- "Cretaceous Colorado" room demonstrates the scope of life and landscapes in Morrison during the Cretaceous. Encounter the skulls of Triceratops, Tylosaurus, the skeleton of Pteranodon and much more.
- "Ice Age" room features live reptiles and amphibians along side mammoth and sabre-toothed cat fossils. Live native snake encounter are a part of our daily tours.
- Paleontology Laboratory & collections- see the fossils that the MNHM crew are cleaning for study. During daily tours, visitors may assist in the preparation of fossils.